Monday, August 17, 2015

The Countdown Begins...

Hey Mom!

I don´t know if I will get to email next Monday so this might be the last one!😵 But if I do get near a computer, you´ll certainly hear from me.

I´m really looking forward to coming home! Really excited to see everyone! Glad to hear Grandma and Grandpa Duffin will get to come up. That´s cool that we´ll get to see Bryan in September too; that´ll be nice to have someone to speak Portuguese with. 

I´ve been doing one last deep study of the Book of Mormon for the past few months--reading it through from cover to cover and just writing down every thought I have during our hour of personal study in the morning. I have about 20 pages of notes now. The Spirit prompted me to do this in June and I´ve been receiving a lot of new revelation as a result--seeing a lot of things in the BOM that I had never noticed before. I hope to be completely finished before I come home, so I can start again afterward.
A banana flower! I had never seen one like this in my life.

I don´t feel like I´ve been in Brazil for a year, but I do feel like I´ve been on the mission for two years! I´m ready to come home. Really looking forward to sharing stories of what´s happened while I´ve been out here. I´ve got two years worth of stories now so there´s lots to tell. 😉 I´m really grateful to have had the opportunity to do a mission.

Did one last little shopping spree in Floripa today; I bought a lot of little Indian-style trinkets. I also (finally 🙌) found a nativity set that I think fits the image you had in mind.  Now I just hope that none of this stuff gets damaged in the suitcases on the flight home.

Bought a pizza on my two year mark and took some pictures; I´ll send some to you now.




Can´t wait till next week! Thank you so much for emailing me every Monday, it´s helped me immensely on the mission. 

Some plants from a member's back yard


Love you so much! Until maybe next Monday; if not, then in person on Wednesday😁 

Elder Duffin