Monday, April 14, 2014

A Sudden Change of locale, Baptisms & More

Hey Mom!

Well, the past week has been interesting. I haven't been in Lake Jackson all week; I've been on an extended exchange in another Elder's area, and will probably just get transferred here early. (He and his companion have been having issues so they swapped me over here to give them each some air.) I won't find out until later today (hopefully) if I'm getting transfered here permanently or not, so my mailing address might change. I'd advise not sending anything until I get a chance to tell you where I am, next week.  :P

On the bright side, I've been able to teach a lot more people in this area than in my own. :)  We baptized a woman I've taught three times before (on past exchanges) last Saturday, and we have another guy getting ready to be baptized before the end of the month. I've been getting along well with Elder Rogers, too.
 
With our new convert, Nina
I did get the package, thank you! :) I appreciate it. The popcorn chocolate was interesting, haha. Where did you find that? I thought the note was funny too. I have a vague memory of when we wrote that. 
 
Bowling on P-day
 
Yes, I have been sketching; during church meetings mostly ;P haha. I'll send a few pics to you.
 
 Sorry to hear about Grandad's thumb injury! I can imagine he's frustrated. I'll send him an email. I've been wanting to write to him and other people, too, but every P-day I run out of time :( 
 
Tell Grandma and Grandpa I'm thinking about them and they're in my prayers! You'll have to see if there's any way we can get them hooked up to Facetime when I video-chat you guys on Mother's Day; that would be nice if we could do a three way chat.  You guys told them that I got their package, right? 

We're going to have a mission conference in the Houston temple coming up here pretty quick; makes me miss my conversations with Grandpa. I'm excited for it, though.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Weird little caterpillars they have down here
  And yes, I saw an alligator a few weeks ago. It was a tiny one, not much bigger than Hogan. I thought about trying to touch it, but I figured life would be much easier if I retained all my fingers. ;P haha

Looking forward to talking to y'all on Mother's Day too! :)

Talk to you next week,
Elder Duffin
I thought you'd like these flowers, Mom