Monday, April 7, 2014

Thoughts on Conference, reports on shoes & socks, and a few brief messages for friends

Hey Mom!

I watched this conference in the chapel with everyone else. I hate how the pews don't let you lean back. I had to sit in a really awkward position the whole time to be comfortable, lol.
 

I really liked conference. When Elder Packer said that he's seen and spoken to Christ, it reminded me of a story I've heard from some other missionaries, of this missionary who refused to shave or get his hair cut, and when Elder Packer came to his mission and saw him, he asked him why he wasn't doing that. The missionary replied that "Jesus has a beard and long hair." Elder Packer then said, "Not the last time I saw Him."

Don't know if that's a true story, but it's funny. But he's said that he's seen Him, so in any case he knows what he looks like!

We're going to the Temple sometime this month, so I'm looking forward to that. I think we're also having a zone conference with our mission president in the temple this month.
 
Portuguese is coming to me easily; I think I'll be able to pick up the language quickly once I get to Brazil. I went on exchanges with a Spanish speaking missionary a few days ago. He taught a lesson to someone who only speaks Spanish, and the whole time I understood everything said by him and the investigator.

This is my mailing address for the apartment complex:

110 Lake Rd #907 
Lake Jackson, TX 77566

We check the mail every day so it doesn't matter what day you send packages :) Thank you! I've missed pie. And contacts.  In answer to your question, my socks and shoes are holding up great. I LOVE the socks; they are the best socks ever. 
 
 
I took a few pictures of myself, so you can have more pictures of me. I'm trying to remember to do that more. I'll send them to you :) 

Dad---be safe on your trip to Grant's Pass! Send Grandma and Grandpa my love and tell them thanks for the package! I received it a few days ago; I have a picture.
 
Tell Grandma and Grandpa thank you for the cookies! I ate them between conference sessions,


This is my companion, Elder Jensen
 
Braden Willits is HOME???  Well, tell him to email me! I'd like to talk to him! 


Please send Courtney my congrats and good wishes! :) I can't believe one of my friends is getting married already! Crazy. I wonder how many more of them will get hitched before I get back?    (My bet is Braden Willits---ha ha)

Love you Mom! Thanks for all you do for me!

I'm looking forward to talking to you and everyone on Mothers Day! 

Talk to you soon,

Elder Duffin