Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The 3 H's: Heat, Humidity, and Hunger

Hey Mom!

I didn't know you guys were heading to Vegas! Sounds like you had a good time. Patrick, our recent convert, was in Vegas last week participating in a ballroom dance competition.
 


You mentioned horrid heat; it's the same here but with very high humidity.  My shirts have permanent sweat stains on them.  It's really hot here, but I haven't sweated so much that my tie knot gets soaked through, like Dad described. That's crazy. I've been drinking enormous amounts of water.


I'm doing good though; it's P-day so I don't have to be riding the bike too much today.

The only two things I don't like about bike areas are: 
 
1: I become disgustingly sweaty and disheveled looking, and 
2: I am constantly hungry.  
 
 
 
It's purely the heat that causes both of these things; neither happened to me during the winter. I still prefer biking in the heat to freezing rain though.

Yes I did get the package; thank you! I appreciate it. 

I'm sad that Grandad can't have blackberry pie anymore! [This was in response to some dietary changes BD's grandad has had to follow.  Anything pie-related is big news in our family!]  :(  (Guess that just means more for me! Ha ha--just kidding.)  He could still eat rhubarb pie though, or cherry, or apple or pineapple or whatever. So that's not so bad.

Not much to write about this week; just went out and proselyted every day. My companion and I are still getting along well!
 

Love you mom! Thanks for writing me! 

Talk to you next week,

Elder Duffin

PS Tell the Daughertys I have been getting their letters and that I tell them thanks! :)