Monday, September 29, 2014

The Gift of Tongues, Rain, and More Food Talk

Hey Mom!

I'm doing well!  It's cold and rainy in Chapecó today.  Reminds me of home! Yes, I'm healthy again, thank goodness.  The cold didn't last too long. 



Sorry to hear about your parking ticket. Reminded me of the stupid ticket I got in Texas. Ha ha!

I remember seeing a preview for The Box Trolls. [We wrote about seeing that animated film this week.]  I think that company is owned by Tim Burton. My last companion said the movie Coraline, which was made by them too, is also really good.  I'll have to watch both when I get home. ;)

We're steadily finding more people to teach. The people we've found are genuinely interested too. Except for this one guy we taught the day before yesterday. All he wanted to talk about was how he thinks the Illuminati own everything and are trying to take over the world. He knows so because he "watched a dvd about it." 

I'm able to teach pretty decently now. The language is coming pretty fast. :)  I think the spiritual highlight in my life right now is the gift of Tongues. I'm able to speak way better than I should, and sometimes while I'm talking I say a word or two I've never heard before and it just "happens" to be a real word that works in conveying what I'm trying to say. Way cool.
 
 
We walk a lot and take the bus to places that are too far to walk. Members feed us lunch every day, and they all make really good food! We get fed here really well. 
 
 
 
This morning for breakfast at my apartment, I ate a slice of bread with jam, a tiny cup of strawberry yogurt, a tiny cup of chocolate pudding, and a tiny packet of peanut butter which I mixed with honey.  It's shopping day.


Ha ha! I remember that day at the rainforest café. And yes, we were eating a chocolate Volcano. :D That place was my favorite when I was little. I still like it, ha ha! [He's responding here to a comment I made in a letter about an incident when he was seven.]

Tell Sophie I say congratulations on her new baby! I'm sure I'll be passing through Utah sometime in the future and I will pay her a visit.

As for care packages, I would love some of Grandad's pickled beans, if you have them. Pictures would be nice, too. And maybe a small thing of peanut butter (it's amazingly expensive here). Anything you think I'd like :)

I'm just remembering that I had chicken pox during the October conference last year. Can't believe that was a year ago already! I can't believe Setembro is over already. I feel like Augosto just ended! And I only have 10 1/2 months left now. Yikes!



Thanks for emailing pictures, Dad (sorry I don't have time to send any of my own today). I love seeing you all each week!

Good luck on the SAT, Catriel! And have fun at Homecoming! And yeah, I'm really glad you and Jon are the only siblings I have; you're a really great sister and I'm glad we're friends.  :)

Siblings!
 
Love you Mom! Thanks for writing me. I really miss you all and hearing from you is the highlight of my week! :)

Talk to you next Monday,

Elder Duffin