Monday, August 11, 2014

And the VISA Finally Arrives!!! Lots of Exclamation Points!!!

Dear Mom,

Well, your feelings about my visa were right!



I got my visa on the 2nd but I didn't find out until the 5th. I leave on August 26th!  It also happens to be the day Elder Carter, my companion, finishes his mission and goes home. So we're staying together till then! We're both happy about that.  I get to go on the departing missionaries temple trip too!

I was super surprised when I found out I'd gotten it. I've been in Houston for six weeks short of a year, come Thursday. Kind of mind boggling! Ha ha! (And this Thursday is my year mark!!! WHAT??)  I'm super excited though!!! and glad to be getting out of the Houston heat!  I will miss the the Houston South Mission though. I'm sad to leave all the friends I've made.

So, now I'll be in Texas for only two more weeks! It's bittersweet, but the awful weather here makes it easier to leave.  I will be going into the Sao Paulo MTC for two weeks, doing a language refresher course once I get to Brazil.
 
 

I'm sorry to hear about Bill. I wrote to Grandad; I actually just wrote him two weeks ago, responding to a funny email he sent, but I don't know if he saw it or not.

Glad to hear you had fun at the wedding in Pullman.  (When you wrote about your garden I thought it said "concubines" instead of columbines--ha ha!)
 
Columbine flowers (not concubines)
 
I don't have too many new pictures, but I'll send some now :)  [Despite writing this, no pictures arrived with this email, so I'm attaching an older one.]

Love you Mom!  Talk to you next week!

Elder Duffin