Monday, March 16, 2015

Another transfer in Xanxerê, Upcoming Baptisms, and Talk of Cookies & Maple Bars

Hey Mom!

Well, I didn´t get transferred. I will be in Xanxerê until the 26th of April. I will have spent seven months here by then 

It´s okay though; my mission president said this´ll be my last transfer in this area. We´ve got some exciting things that will happen during this time, too. Our investigator Arno will be baptized on April 4th and we have a family of three who will be baptized sometime that month as well. And we´re working with another family of three during that time as well.

Brazil had a huge nationwide protest against their president yesterday; we were not allowed to leave our apartments all day. Elder Stahn made cookies   (Elder Stahn will be staying with me for this transfer as well.)


I have not seen anything about St Patrick's day down here. They don´t have any of those kind of holidays, it seems like. They don´t do Halloween or Valentine's day either.

The weather here is still hot. It usually rains in the evenings though. Summer is on the down-slope now, I think (I hope).



Sounds like Dad is having fun in Boston! I think that would be a very interesting place to visit.  I´m jealous of the snowy weather you´re enjoying. It´s been summer weather for me for almost a year straight now--só falta dois meses.
  
Your primary class sounds entertaining, Mom. Ha ha!

I´m glad that I´ll get to visit Sarah and Zac [Ben-Daniel's cousin & her husband] when I go to Idaho for college. I know a lot of people in Idaho now.


Looking forward to receiving your packages! I'm excited about the raspberry jam; that´s by far my favorite kind, with plum as a close second!   Raspberry in Portuguese is ``framboesa.´´

I still need to ship you the nativity set, Mom; I´ll put some other stuff in there with it if I can.

Love you Mom! Talking to you every Monday is the highlight of my week!  (I miss doughnuts, particularly maple bars, but I miss you all more!)


Have a great day!

Elder Duffin