Monday, March 2, 2015

First Baptism in Brazil + some Thoughts on Prayer



Hey Mom,

Sounds like you had a fun week; glad to hear it. 

Carnaval was very quiet here; everyone left and went to the places where they have all the crazy parades and stuff.  I think most of that was happening on the coast.

No, I won´t be going to the mission office anytime soon, for all I know. Maybe, if I get transferred to Floripa. Don´t know. Hoping I get transferred though.

Thanks for doing my taxes! I hope 2014 is the last year that I didn´t make any money! ;P Ha ha!

Tell Dad to get better soon; I had a cold this week too.  My four month healthy streak met its end. The cold didn´t last long though.


We had a baptism last Saturday; an older guy named João. My first baptism in Brazil! I would send pictures but this computer wont let me! Maybe next week. 

Here's something I've learned on the mission about answers to our prayers.  Sometimes when I pray about things and don´t seem to get an answer, I find it´s because it really doesn´t matter either way. A lot of times I´ve prayed in the morning asking what I ought to teach someone with whom we've scheduled a lesson that day and I couldn´t seem to get a definite answer (which is weird because I almost always do). 


Every time this has happened, I found that the people we were going to teach didn't make it to the appointment. I didn´t get an answer about what to teach them because I was never going to get to teach them that day anyway; it didn´t matter. This has happened a lot--to the point where I now know if we´ll actually get to see people when we´d planned to or not.

Sounds like you had a good week, aside from the Suburban problems. Can´t believe Grandad has been able to keep that vehicle alive for this long; you´ve had it since I was in preschool.

I like the pictures, you sent Dad. Very Film Noir-ish.  I'm really wishing my camera took panoramic shots like your's can; there's some cool scenery here that would look great in a panoramic shot.  Oh well, some of my pictures turn out pretty good though.  

Love you Mom & Dad; thank you for all of your love and support.

Have a great week! Talk to you next!

Elder Duffin

P.S. And the dress is totally blue and black. That´s very strange.