Monday, June 9, 2014

"I'm Thinking of an Animal that Begins with a T..."

Hey Mom!

I'm back in Richmond again. And I'm in a bike area. :P  Sooooo, I bike around everywhere in the heat now.  But I prefer that to biking in freezing rain, like I did in Sugarland.
My new companion's name is Elder Carter. He was Elder Shuler's companion before I came to the mission. He's only 4 inches away from being 7 feet tall.  I'm dwarfed by him---ha ha. He's a nice guy and we get along well. :)

Still getting to know the area. We've been teaching a lot---which is good!

I've been out on the mission for seven transfers (one transfer is six weeks ) and I've only been in one area for longer than one transfer; I get bounced around a lot! haha. Maybe the next place I get bounced to will be Brazil!

Me with Elder Rogers at Transfer meeting
Speaking of, I'm officially now the last person in my MTC district who hasn't gotten his visa yet.

I like all the flower and mountain pictures you took Dad! I really like the purple flower. Some people have some nice flowers in front of their houses and I want to take pictures of them but then they come to the door and I forget. I'm surprised you got a picture of a fox on Mt Rainier! They'll usually run away if they see they're being watched.

I'm afraid Houston isn't as scenic as Mt Rainier, but I did encounter some wildlife the other day.

One of two turtles I rescued from off the road the other day.

​After I saved the turtles, I met a tarantula! It was about the size of my palm (no, I did not pick it up).
We're having an impressive thunder and lightning storm right now. Unfortunately, the rest of the week is supposed to be sunny :P  ha ha!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.  Tell everyone I say Hi and that I'm thinking of them!

I went to the mission office today, but no packages are in yet; maybe next week. I'm glad the suitcase can be fixed, too.

Anyhoo, I'm doing good; just enjoying the work! Thank you for all of your prayers and support. Pray for my visa, too; I don't think I'm allowed to wait longer than a year. 

Love you Mom! 

Talk to you next week! :)

Elder Duffin