Monday, June 1, 2015

Cake mix cookies, the nature of time again, and some odd photos = Ben-Daniel's week in Brazil

Hey Mom,

Today the gmail site did not work when we went to email this morning and has not worked until now.

But p-day went okay today. I´ve been making cookies out of cake mixes lately and today while shopping, I found mint-chocolate cake mix. I´m excited to make those cookies tonight. I am sold on anything mint-chocolate.
Cake mix Snickerdoodles
Not much to relate for this week. It seemed to go by fast at first and then slowed waaayyyy the heck down once the weekend hit. We had stake conference on Sunday in Floripa.

Elder Shakespaere and I are getting along great. I´ll be with him for at least this next transfer, which starts next week.  I´m hoping to stay companions with him until I go home, but I´m not sure how likely that will be.
No, I have not gotten the packages yet. I´m hoping they´ll be in next week because we´ll be going to Floripa next Monday.

I can´t believe it´s already Catriel´s last week of high school! I wish I could be there. Doesn´t seem so long ago that I graduated; my brain still thinks it´s 2013.

I saw the pics Dad sent of the Honors evening and all the kids looked pretty bored themselves, sitting up on stage. I remember Jon´s high school graduation being boring in the extreme--ha ha!
Some of the bored honors scholars (Elder Duffin's sister 5th from the right)
Catriel, congrats on all your honors awards and stuff! I think I must have forgot and left most of my school-smart genes in the womb when I was born and you just picked them up and added them to yours when you came along--ha ha!

When I think back to the start of my mission I feel really old. The mission has gone by fast but still, two years is a long time--ha ha! My companion keeps telling me about songs and artists and stuff that I´ve never even heard of. He also told me that nobody uses Facebook anymore; what?!

I´m also like the oldest missionary in my zone :P

Sorry to hear about the drunk visinhos [neighbors] at the baseball game, Mom. [I told him that we had four highly inebriated people next to us at the Mariner's game.]  There are a lot of alcoholics here in Brazil. Being on the mission has given me a really strong aversion to alcohol (not that I had any affinity for it to begin with.)

I love you Mom! Wish I could be there with you for Catriel´s graduation; hope you all have a good time.

Thanks for all you do for me!  I´ll talk to you next week.

Elder Duffin
My own invention.  I call it McDonalds Rice.

Shakespaere and me with a member family.  The guy was trying to do bunny ears, but unfortunately, it looks like something else!